Use Vendor Cards to track the status of vendors and to print reports. Moreover, it’s important to keep this information up to date to reflect your company’s current activity. So, use the Vendor Maintenance window to create new vendor cards. Before you begin entering the first vendors, consider how to arrange the current and future vendor records. The minimum to set up a vendor is the Vendor ID, Name, and Class ID. You might want to assign specified groups of IDs to different types of vendors. You also might want to assign them to different vendor classes.
Start Microsoft Dynamics GP and click ‘Purchasing’ → click ‘Vendors’ under ‘Cards’ and the following window will appear:
Some fields in the window will have default values. Some default values are the same for all vendor information, but others come from the vendor class information entered in the Vendor Class Setup window.
Steps to set up Vendor Cards
- Select or enter Vendor ID. It is advisable to use similar IDs for all the vendors. Any alphanumeric set of characters is acceptable. Likewise, the maximum length of this field is 15 characters, be sure that all the IDs have the same number of characters. Use the system consistently for the best results when printing reports and using other windows.
- Enter or modify the Name of the vendor. The Short Name can be used in circumstances when the vendor name is too long. Also, the name printed on checks is the Check Name.
- Use status for categorizing your vendors according to their business practices. Vendors can be active, inactive, or temporary. As a result, each of these statuses limits the data entered or posted and places restrictions on deleting or modifying a vendor card.
- Assign the vendor to a class. Once a Class ID is entered, much of the information in this window, the Vendor Maintenance Options window, and Vendor Account Maintenance windows will appear as default values, which can be changed on a per-vendor basis.
- Enter Address ID.
- Click to enter or modify the internet address for a vendor.
- Enter or modify Address, Contact Information, Phone, and Fax Numbers.
- Modify the Tax Schedule and Shipping Method or accept the default.
- Enter or modify Comments for reference purposes. (Optional)
- Click ‘Options’ to open the vendor maintenance window.
- Enter vendor options, or change vendor options from those that are provided as default values from the class. When you’re satisfied with the entries, choose OK.
- Click ‘Accounts’ to open the vendor account maintenance window.
- Enter the Account number for the vendor or change from those that are provided as default account numbers from the class. Finally, when satisfied with the entries, choose OK.
- If the vendor has multiple addresses, click ‘Address’ to enter a different address for the same vendor.
- Click the printer button to print the contact card or click ‘Save’ to save the vendor card.
- If you want to delete any vendor card, select vendor ID and click ‘Delete’.
For more information, please visit us at Microsoft Dynamics GP – Great Plains
AccSoft Business Solutions will help you in dealing with the issue you are looking at now.