Integrate your eCommerce Webstore with your ERP System
There is a change in the way customers now buy. And, there are also emerging advancements in Ecommerce & ERP systems. That is, technology has changed the way people conduct business over the years.
The industrialization process started in the 1930s. This changed the way people live and do business. The next major change came with the Communication revolution. That is, with the advent of the internet. This revolutionized the whole world.
The ever-increasing trend of online selling shows that the trend resonates with the people as the social trends are changing. The people are now experiencing a fast-paced lifestyle. Which causes a change in their previous patterns of shopping and consuming goods.
This creates a need for businesses to upgrade. Because long gone are the days when people used to wait in queues for the goods or services. The upgrade required is an online store or platform. That can give the customers whatever they want from wherever they want.
Benefits of ERP System:
Online selling – the new avenue for businesses to grow. Typically organizations start with an eCommerce store to meet the growing demand. Mostly demand from the customers to buy goods and services. For instance, in the comfort of their homes or workplace.
However, soon they find out that managing an eCommerce website is a big task. There is a constant need to add new items and remove the discontinued or out-of-stock items. After that, update images, change prices, manage product catalog, download orders for shipping purposes. Similarly, update the shipment information on the eCommerce website.
Above all, it is not only costly to maintain an online store in terms of the increased cost of payroll. In other words, it requires a person or team to keep an eye on the store and update it regularly. In addition, there is a huge risk of human error. This may lead to selling items at the wrong prices. Similarly, accepting orders when goods are not in stock, or putting wrong product information.
Security of ERP System:
All these costs can be avoided and risks mitigated. By using the most powerful tool that an organization has, its ERP system. The company’s ERP system has much of the information required by the website. In addition, it is also where the orders downloaded from the website are entered.
Integrating ERP solutions with your eCommerce solutions not only reduce the cost of extra staff. But also eliminate the costly mistakes and delays. Which can end up costing dearly to the organization.
In an ERP, integrated eCommerce system, the Product Catalog is maintained in the ERP system. Therefore, it allows you to move the product around without touching your website. Just add or remove items or reclassify them. Change prices and quantity discounts for customer groups, update available quantity, mark or temporarily remove the items, not in stock.
With an ERP, integrated eCommerce system like x2x eCommerce. You can integrate your shipping methods and payment gateways into your ERP system. Also download orders directly in your ERP solution and update the shipment information on the website. Just like you update the items description, quantities, images and specs, product catalog, and a lot more.
About x2x eCommerce
x2x eCommerce is an additional module developed for Dynamics GP. It extends the functionality of Dynamics GP to make it compatible with the eCommerce platform. You can integrate the enhanced Dynamics GP with the eCommerce solution. Thereby, eliminating the need to maintain the eCommerce store manually.
Apart from standard item pricing, Microsoft Dynamics RMS allows defining three additional price levels for each item namely Price Level A, B, and C. In other words, using these additional price fields you can set up customer-specific pricing by assigning your customer to any of the prices levels.
For example for Item #15110 the standard price is $ 10.00, Price Level A is $9.00, Price Level B is $8.00 and Price Level C is $6.00. You assigned your customer David to Price Level C, whenever you sell Item #0001 to David the system will charge $6.00, as Price Level C is assigned to David.
Microsoft Dynamics RMS – Store Operations
Microsoft Dynamics RMS Store Operations is the front-line solution that processes transactions. Above all, it maintains customer information and tracks the inventory. This system integrates with popular accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics GP and QuickBooks. It also has open standards which allow universal Windows import/export capabilities. The feature to set up customer-specific pricing also comes under this umbrella.
Customer-Specific Pricing and Promotions
- Set up a mix-and-match pricing structure, including pricing and percentage discounts.
- “Buy X, get Y” discount capability, including percentage discount.
- Set lot pricing (single, six-pack, case, etc.).
- Multiple price levels per customer can be set.
- Set mixed-case discounts.
- Discount from retail and mark up from cost.
- Set profit margin and price rounding rules.
- Similarly, set percent of discount.
- Put items on sale/promotion.
- Set up happy hours and sales schedules.
- Multiple tax rate tables (percent, base, cap), multiple sales tax.
- Define sales commission schedule.
- Drive increased sales with discount functionality, including mixed-case discounts.
- Track purchases by date, price, and quantity.
- Search by account information.
- Define different account types
- Enable Aged Receivables option.
- Look up, adjust, and track invoices for specific customer accounts
- Apply finance charges on accounts.
- Bill payments for net terms.
- Place limits on customer purchases for the specified time period.
- Utilize 15 user-defined fields for customer data, including birth date, driver’s license number, and resale permit number.
- Create customer accounts at the POS.
- Set up multiple shipping addresses per customer.
- Reprint customer statements and receipts.
- Generate mailing lists.
- Print accounts receivable aging report.
- Print account activities report.
Watch the video below.
Operate more efficiently by automating the transactions between Microsoft Dynamics RMS and your ERP/accounting software. Therefore, stop worrying about your books and start focusing on selling more.
- Manage and Sync inventory information between your ERP and multiple stores.
- In addition, report daily sales transactions from all stores to your ERP.
- Above all, build customer profiles using Microsoft Dynamics RMS data and info from other systems.
- Manage item data and synchronize to all stores.
- Similarly, manage B2B sales in your brick and mortar stores.
- In conclusion, integrate Microsoft Dynamics RMS with NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics (NAV, GP), or more.