Fashion Inventory Matrix provides a powerful solution for wholesale and distribution companies dealing with multi-dimensional inventory items. The Fashion Inventory Matrix helps companies provide top-of-line customer service, better manage inventories and improve the purchase ordering process.
If you have ever worked in apparel, footwear, luggage, or any industry that has complicated dimensions, then you’ll know how frustrating it is to create purchase and sales orders.
For example, a footwear wholesaler will need a specific item number for each item that specifies its style, size, and color. A brown hiking boots size 11 will have a different item number than a size 12; or from a black hiking boot of the same size; or even brown dress or shoes of the same size. In short, a change in each dimension will create a distinctly independent item number.
As you can see this means a simple order has become a frantic scavenger hunt for the item numbers needed to fill an order. Luckily, we have a solution that renders this tedious process obsolete: The Inventory Matrix for Microsoft Dynamics GP.
Fashion Inventory Matrix Features
- Create unlimited dimensions – E.g. brand, style, color, size, texture, thickness, etc.
- Create unlimited dimensions members– E.g. black. Brown, blue, green, etc.
- Create unlimited Product Lines – E.g. apparel, footwear, accessories, jackets, etc.
- Assign dimensions to product lines – E.g. type, brand, and style can be assigned to the apparel product line.
- Assign dimension members to product lines – E.g. members of the ‘Brand’ dimension can be assigned to the ‘Apparel’ product line.
Purchase Order Processing Features
- Enhanced Visibility – Visibility of all the available colors, sizes, and quantities assist the buying manager to determine which items need to be ordered.
- Optimum Inventory Levels – Inventory Matrix helps organizations significantly reduce their inventory holding and carrying costs. The 360-degree view available to buying managers and staff through Inventory Matrix enables them to see the quantities available, quantities on the sales order, or on a purchase order for every dimension. It also gives them the added ability to drill down to see which documents make up those quantities.
- Ease of Data Entry and Review – Buying staff can enter the quantities to be ordered in respective cells without the need to remember specific item numbers. After entering the quantities, they can conveniently move back and forth between pages. And review the order and modify quantities, if required, while in Matrix view.
- Matrix Invoicing – Print purchase orders in standard GP format or in standard Matrix format generally used in the industry.
- Analytical Reports – Includes comprehensive analytical purchase and inventory reports. It provides a detailed analysis of quantities in inventory and on purchase orders by different dimensions.
Sales Order Processing Features
- Improved Customer Service – Increased customer satisfaction, when customer questions were immediately answered.
- Enhanced Visibility – Visibility of all the available colors and sizes and available quantities, enable CSRs to up-sell and cross-sell. They can tell customer about a new color or style that is available. The customer may be interested in it.
- Ease of Data Entry and Review – CSRs can enter the order quantities required by the customer in respective cells. That too, without the need to remember the item numbers. They can review the order with the customer by moving back and forth between different pages and modifying the quantities.
- Matrix Invoicing – Print orders and invoices in standard GP format or in standard Matrix format, generally used in the industry
- Analytical Reports – Include comprehensive analytical sales reports which allow the analysis of sales by different dimensions.
For more information, please visit us at Microsoft Dynamics GP – Great Plains.
AccSoft Business Solutions will help you in dealing with the issue you are looking at now.